The permission-to-enroll process for spring 2022 will be available sometime in December.
- Confirm eligibility to enroll/admission: If you were enrolled in a course in spring 2021 OR summer 2021, you should be eligible to enroll for fall 2021. If not, please apply. Not sure? Please contact our office.
- Search for courses to audit
- History course availability The history department welcomes Senior Guest auditors and maintains an informational guide of history courses for consideration
Request permission to audit
- Complete the online request preferably before enrollment begins on September 8, but no later than September 12. This request goes directly to the instructor.
- We ask that you please:
- do not use a paper request form
- do not email the instructor separately
- only request permission to audit courses you plan to attend
- submit a request before attending the class and at least a week in advance for an online class
Wait for course audit approval
- Check your wisc.edu email: Permission approvals will be sent to your wisc.edu email.
- Once you receive permission: attend the first day of class and enroll (unless otherwise instructed). Note, instructors may wait until the first day of class before approving permission requests.