Planning to take a class at UW–Madison this fall?
Here is what you need to know
- UW–Madison is offering a full curriculum this fall through a mix of in-person and virtual instruction. Learn more about plans for fall 2020 at Smart Restart. Mode of instruction formats include:
- Classroom (in-person)
- Online/some classroom (hybrid)
- Online only (remote)
- To search by mode of instruction: use the Course Search and Enroll tool and from the left-hand side of the page select the Fall 2020 term. Then under ‘Mode of Instruction’ use the drop-down menu to choose Classroom, Online (some classroom) or Online Only.
- Regardless of format, all classes will be remote after Thanksgiving recess.
- Check your MyUW Student Center for your specific enrollment date and time
- If you have already enrolled, use this page to verify modality of your class: https://advising.wisc.edu/fall2020/
- As always, if you enroll in courses and need to drop for any reason, it is possible to receive a refund if you drop your class(es) within the refund schedule period. Please see tuition adjustment and refund schedule here: https://bursar.wisc.edu/tuition-and-fees/tuition-adjustment
- Guest auditors please see the Senior Guest auditor FAQs page for more information
- Not admitted yet? There are over 15 different categories of Special (nondegree) students. Use this guide to help you determine the best fit for your personal, professional, and educational goals.
Office of the Registrar dates and deadlines Fall 2020 dates and deadlines for adding, dropping, withdrawing, and more.