Special grading option
UW-Madison is introducing a special grading option for students in response to the Covid-19 events. This policy applies to all students enrolled in courses that award A-F grades and includes all University Special students taking classes for credit.
From the Office of the Registrar:
- Spring 2020 special grading option during disruption – information and FAQs.
- An overview and step-by-step guide to converting Spring 2020 term course grades beginning May 9 and through May 22.
Summer term 2020 for University Special students
Chancellor Blank has decided to suspend in-person Summer Term classes therefore only online classes will be offered. Many in-person classes are being converted to an online format. Here is what you need to know if you are planning to take a class at UW–Madison this summer.
- Out of concern for the safety of UW–Madison students, faculty and staff during the Covid-19 pandemic, Chancellor Blank has suspended in-person Summer Term courses.
- Summer Term will continue online, and enrollment for most Special students begins April 6 (check your MyUW Student Center for your specific enrollment date and time).
- Summer Term had already planned to offer over 300 online courses—more than ever before.
- Departments are shifting instruction for courses from in-person to online where possible. We recommend watching this webpage and the Course Search and Enroll app for updates.
- As always, if you have enrolled or do enroll in courses and need to drop for any reason, it is possible to receive a refund as long as you drop your class(es) within the refund schedule period. This schedule depends on the length of your summer course with our 100% tuition refund ranging from the first day of class (for a two-week course) to the end of the first week (for an 8-week course). Please see tuition refund schedule here: https://summer.wisc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/09/key-deadlines-1.pdf
- Guest auditors please see the Senior Guest auditor FAQs page for more information
Office of the Registrar Summer term dates and deadlines Choose 1206 Summer 2020 from term drop-down list
Summer Term Summer Term is updating their website with new information as it becomes available