Once you have a plan, it is time for action!
Start by asking yourself, what types of skills and experience do you need to move into your dream job? Dipping in your toe to a new field can also help you determine whether or not it is a good fit for you plus helps you build your network.
Side gigs or freelance work can be another great way to gain experience in a new field.
Connect with employers
Go be happy and successful in your new career! We wish it were that easy. The career change process often takes place over a couple of years. Here are some tips as you move forward with your plans:
- Life is unpredictable so remain flexible and make the most of unplanned events by:
- Keeping your options open
- Testing your dreams
- Not being afraid to make mistakes
- Taking action on your interests
- Career changes usually evolve over time – transition to a new industry can take up to two years.
- Consider a transitional job while pursuing a new career.
- For now, pursuing your interests via volunteer work may be enough.
Want help from a professional career counselor? Contact us!