Do-it-yourself career planning steps
The career planning process can help you in your quest to find a satisfying career. Our career development model walks you through the steps to forge your own career path.
Career planning steps
Take stock of your skills, interests, and values.
Set goals for yourself, make decisions, and plan for action.
- Trust the process. It may seem more confusing initially but trust that clarity will come.
- Risk is involved. We all get comfortable, even in a job that we don’t like. This process involves stepping out of your comfort zone and into your stretch zone.
- Be curious. Curiosity really helps us in this process. What are you curious about? Follow the thread to see where it takes you.
- Action is key. People want to have it “all figured out” before taking action. But you can’t figure it out until you take action.
- Have fun. Enjoy the process.
Feeling like you have moved straight from the comfort zone to the panic zone? Make an appointment with one of our career counselors.